One thing you can always count on is that the job market is constantly changing. The hiring process and ideology has also changed drastically over the years.
Your reasons for using a staffing firm depends largely on your situation. Things to consider are:
- Your profession
- Your experience
- Your network
- The competitiveness of your marketplace
- Your personal resource (time, energy, money)
What are the benefits of using a staffing firm?
- Staffing firms work on your behalf because they call on multiple companies daily and have hundreds of contacts within their chosen field of expertise.
- Good staffing firms have inside access to hiring managers and can get your resume seen.
- Good staffing firms work closely with hiring managers to find out exactly what they are looking for. You will only be submitted to the positions for which you are best suited.
- Staffing firms only get paid when they place you in a position. It is in their best interest to find you the right job.